Couldn’t get enough, eh? 😉 No worries, I like learning about other people, too.
About Hint of Jam
Hint of Jam’s mission is to guide creative warriors in exploring their options, embracing their powers, and engaging their passions in both reading and writing.
With a background in literature and education, I hope to empower fellow creatives with the tools that’ll fuel their passion projects forward from idea to completion while enjoying the process.
My favorite moments as an educator and tutor were the “Aha!” moments and the times when a student would fall back in love with their work. Part of the purpose of Hint of Jam is to reach creatives who need these moments.
The other part is to build a community of creatives through my work as a blogger and a writer. To create a safe space of interaction. I know there are others like me out there, and this is my way of connecting.
Even before I could read or write, I loved stories. My loved ones fostered this passion by giving me all the literature my heart could desire.
When I was 4, my parents and grandparents would read The Three Little Pigs to me every. Single. Night. Without fail, they’d tuck me in bed and read it to me until I could recite the entire book from memory.
Despite my changing interests as I grew older, stories followed me wherever I went. As a bookworm and a writer, I drank stories in and spilled ’em out in equal parts (though with various stops and starts until this year).
I’m currently editing my first novel Shift (formerly known as Shifting Shades) while drafting my second novel Rain. In my endeavor to become a published author, I’ve started this website to build a community of like-minded creatives who desire to enjoy every part of the journey. Will you join me?
- I’m a Filipina who was born on the beautiful island of Guam but have recently taken root in vibrant Portland, Oregon.
- HSP, INF(T)J, minimalistic, vegetarian female I am.
- I am loyal to the Oxford Comma for its precision, clarity, and awesomeness.
- Chocolate and coffee are the dynamic duo of my obsessions.
- My reading interests include Jane Austen, Mary Higgins Clark, Suzanne Collins, Gayle Forman, Stephenie Meyer, Erin Morgenstern, Ann Rule, and Maggie Stiefvater.
- I love dancing and traveling to far off lands.